How To Stop Snoring and It’s Causes
For most people, snoring is a huge problem. Especially for regular snorers whose spouses or room mates, find it a nuisance to sleep in the same room with them. It’s common for most men and overweight individuals to snore more often than others. The consistency and intensity of snoring is likely to increase with age if not taken care of at a sooner stage.
Snoring occurs as a result of a narrowed passageway between the nose and the throat. The passage tightens because the muscles in your throat are more relaxed when you sleep. When the individual breathes in oxygen while the passageway is narrowed, air will need to move a lot faster than before, and will hit the tissues of the soft palate and the uvula with more force, causing vibrations which in turn create snoring sounds.
Causes of Snoring and How to Stop It
There’s many reasons to why people snore when they sleep, anything that causes the air passageways to tighten will likely cause snoring.
- Drinking alcohol or taking drugs, can cause muscle relaxation. Which then promotes drowsiness thus narrowing the air passageway on the throat muscles and at the same time causing the tongue to loosen up and draw back, limiting the air passageway which results to snoring. Avoid alcohol or drugs, not only will this help with snoring but your health in general.
- Snoring can also be brought on by a stuffy nose, caused by a cold or allergies. When one’s nose becomes stuffy, very little air is able to go through the nasal passage, meaning the throat will therefore have to pull in air through the mouth with a little extra force, which will consequently cause snoring. Avoid stuffy areas or leaving stuffy materials lying around unnecessarily. If you’re suffering from allergies take anti allergy pills or stay clear of what you’re allergic to.
- Sleeping on your back makes one more likely to snore because gravity pulls the tongue and jaw down to the back of the mouth and limits the air passageway. Try sleeping on your sides more, see if it helps.
- Believe it or not, the physical features of your body can cause snoring problems; if one is obese there will be more fatty tissues in the throat which means a narrower air passageway. Also if one has a long uvula and/or soft palate will also cause a narrower air passage and an increased likelihood of snoring. Other physical characteristics which may bring about snoring include large adenoids and large tonsils, a long tongue, a small lower jaw or a deviated nasal septum.
- Asthma and/or smoking can also cause the irritation and constriction of the air passageways which results to the person snoring. Avoid tobacco intake and smoking cigarettes.
- If snoring continues the best product I would recommend is Snore Zip. It efficient, economical and reliable. Snore Zip is an all-natural, homeopathic oral spray designed to help alleviate the symptoms that may be causing you to snore, so you and your partner can get the benefits that come with getting better quality sleep.Try it out see if it helps.